Intermodal Transportation Center
The Syracuse University Intermodal Transportation Center—currently under construction at the Syracuse Center of Excellence headquarters campus—is a $4.3 million project that looks to support sustainable transportation options for the city of Syracuse.
Currently, plans for the center include:
- A public bus stop for the Connective Corridor bus loop
- Surface parking for 99 vehicles
- Recharging stations for electric vehicles
- Preferred parking spaces for alternative fuel/highly efficient vehicles
- A bus shelter with protected parking/storage for bicycles, powered by solar arrays
- Vending machines
In addition, green infrastructure will send stormwater from the site and the adjacent streets to rain gardens and tree wells on-site, and the project will make use of innovative paving and building materials.
The transportation facility project will be funded through a US Department of Transportation grant and university expenditures.